Thursday, May 7, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#119): Getting Lucky Number Seven by Cindi Madsen

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is Getting Lucky Number Seven by Cindi Madsen!


Time ground to a halt as Beck lowered his lips to mine. One hand remained on my back, drawing me closer, as his other cupped my beck. The warmth of his skin soaked into mine. He pressed his thumb to my chin, tipping it up as he parted my lips with his.

Heat wound through my body, short-circuiting my nerve endings and all thoughts besides the here and now along with them. I needed closer. More. I looped my arms around his neck, bringing our bodies tighter together, and threw myself into the kiss, matching each stroke of his tongue.

He groaned and turned us so that my butt was against the wall of the hot tub. He moved his lips to my ear as I clung onto him as he whispered, "I think we better move this upstairs."

- Kindle version, 58%



Read my review of Getting Lucky Number Seven! I'm usually not a fan of New Adult contemporary romance, but I really liked this book :)

10 comments:

  1. I adored this book! Beck is seriously a dreamboat.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, quite the hot swoon is this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, awesome swoon Alyssa. <3 I'm so glad you liked this book :) Yay for liking this genre, SOMETIMES, lol :D I also like it a few times. But not reading all of the books from this genre :p Anyway. Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yeah, the sometimes part is important. I'm not a huge fan of New Adult contemporary romance at all. But I like Cindi's books (she has great adult romance) so I figured this one would be safe!

      Delete
  4. Nice choice. :)
    This was a really fun book! I read your review too and saw how much you liked it - yay! I thought the friends-to-more bit was really believable, and their chemistry was fantastic. I just thought the drama at the end was a little *too* much. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it too! But I agree about the end, now that I think about it. It was really out there!

      Delete
  5. Mmmm... love that tease! I actually purchased this one! Keen to read it!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!